Protecting the environment and the people and places we visit is a top priority for Responsible Travel Experiences.com and Elite Travel Consulting. We want to help ensure these remain for future generations to enjoy. We are committed to ensuring we minimize the environmental impact of our own operations around the world and believe that together we can truly make a difference.
Every time we travel, whether by car, train, plane or coach, we are burning fossil fuels and contributing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. And while there are many ways to travel while on vacation, we are pleased to advise that by choosing one of our many travel experiences, you are opting for one of the most environmentally friendly ways in which to do it.
With constant improvements in technology newer engines offer greater fuel efficiency while also emitting less pollutants. As Such, Responsible Travel Experiences.com and Elite Travel Consulting, Inc. employs ground operators with fuel efficient vehicles.
We are reducing the carbon footprints and environmental impact in our offices by introducing recycling, energy reduction and waste minimization projects as well as supporting local community projects where we live and work. Our staff are proud to be involved in making a difference by spending some of their time volunteering in charitable projects.
You Can Make A Difference
While there are many things you can do to lessen your impact on the environment when traveling, an easy way to make a difference is to ‘carbon neutralize’ your travel.
It’s the carbon emissions in the atmosphere that are slowly warming our planet and causing climate change. Reducing these emissions is up to each of us and can be done by turning off appliances, driving less, and buying local produce. For those emissions that can’t be reduced carbon neutralizing allows you to contribute to projects that are greening the planet in other ways.
In the coming months, we will partner with Sustainable Travel International™. Our partnership will allow you the option to calculate the carbon footprint of your travel and contribute towards projects that will reduce the C02 emissions in the atmosphere on your behalf.
This voluntary scheme invites you to pay a contribution based on the amount of carbon likely to be generated from your travel. You can choose to offset your flight, coach travel or the energy consumed staying in your hotel accommodation. More importantly, we do offer other partnerships in which you can participate. Learn more. Find out more and carbon neutralize your travel.
What Else You Can Do?
There are many things you can do while traveling to minimize your environmental impact. Some of them you may already do at home but you can also do them while on vacation:
- When you’ve finished with your vacation brochures, pass them onto a friend or recycle them.
Buy local produce which reduces air miles incurred in transporting the food to a kitchen for final preparation.
Respect the local culture and traditions where you are traveling through. Ensure your dress and behaviour is appropriate for the places you visit. If you’re unsure, ask your tour manager.
Minimise waste by bringing your own water bottle and reusing it, and refuse or reuse plastic bags when shopping.
Learn a few words of the local language and ensure the way you dress, eat and greet people is polite according to the local custom.
Please don’t pick plants and flowers, leave them for others to enjoy.
At your hotel use water sparingly, take short showers instead of baths and hang towels for drying and reuse.
Separate paper from plastic and try to recycle as much as possible.
Throw any litter in the bin and keep the local environment tidy.
Switch lights off & air conditioning off if you are not in the room or don’t need them.
Turn off your TV instead of leaving it on standby.
Support a local environmental group and learn more about what you can do.
Reduce your use and waste of precious resources such as water, food and energy.
Leave as much packaging at home from goods you buy for your trip and recycle as much of this as possible.
More Travel Tips
Climate Change & Carbon Offsetting – FAQs
- How do I impact on climate change?
- Greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide (CO2) are emitted when fossil-fuels are consumed. Each time we drive a car, fly in a plane, use electricity, or generate waste these fossil fuels such as oil, gas and coal are burnt and CO2 is added into the atmosphere warming the earth and causing climate change.What can I do to help avoid Climate Change?
- We can all take simple steps to reduce the amount of CO2 we produce and for those emissions we can’t reduce we can neutralize the rest. Neutralizing means paying someone to reduce CO2 in the atmosphere on your behalf. In that way we can pay for the damage we are causing and the money helps to fund transition to a lower-carbon world.Will going carbon neutral really make a difference?
- By neutralizing your carbon emissions you are supporting projects which lower the amount of carbon in the atmosphere. Some of the most effective ways to do this is by supporting energy efficiency projects and the development of renewable energy sources such as those offered by our partner carbon offset organisations.
Responsible Tourism Links:
- Introduction to Responsible Tourism
- What is Responsible Tourism
- Learn more about Sustainable Tourism
- Learn more about Eco-Tourism
- Learn more about Community-based Tourism
- Learn more about Coastal Sustainable Tourism
- Learn how you can help make a difference
- Learn more about green-friendly hotels