Top 15 Girlfriend Getaway Destinations in the U.S.
1. Las Vegas, Nevada — Vegas is a favorite destination for women looking for a little self-indulgence. The Four Seasons Las Vegas tempts its female guests with a package that includes in-room cocktails and immediate access to world-class gaming. We also recommend MGM Resorts for great girlfriend getaways.
2. Palm Beach, Florida — This iconic beach town that inspired the whimsical fashions of Lily Pulitzer welcomes trendsetters to the new The Omphoy Ocean Resort, which features yoga sessions on the beach and private spa treatments on oceanfront terraces. We also recommend The Breakers and The Brazilian Court Hotel & Beach Club for great girlfriend getaways.
3. San Francisco, California – From trendy bistros to exemplar seafood, San Francisco offers foodies the chance to experience culinary masterpieces and chocolate delights found all around The Fairmont Heritage Place in Ghirardelli Square. We also recommend Hotel Monaco as a great alternative. San Francisco ranked so well with girlfriends for three reasons: great restaurants, world-class wine, and pedestrian-friendly streets. Hayes Street is known for its chic shops and cafés, while the fast-gentrifying Mission is lined with bars. You can take guided walking expeditions, such as Gourmet Walks’ tours out of the Embarcadero, or the Victorian Home Walk in Cow Hollow. For a wine lovers’ happy hour, check out Claudine French Eatery & Wine Bar, where special vintages are showcased daily, on tap, for just $1 an ounce. And for a meal to remember, call ahead to reserve a table at Wilson & Wilson, a detective-agency-themed bar with a three-drink tasting menu.
4. New Orleans, Louisiana — There’s always a party going on in New Orleans, Louisiana. The French Quarter’s beautiful architecture and lively spirit of the people make any time of year great for visiting The Big Easy. For the ultimate “Nawlins” experience, take your girlfriends during the city’s Mardi Gras festivities. The music, parade floats, beads and Bourbon Street atmosphere in general are just a few of the reasons more than 1 million people attend Mardi Gras each year.
5. Portland, Oregon — For wine connoisseurs, the Hotel Vintage Plaza private wine room and nightly wine hour complement a relaxing outing in Oregon’s renowned wine country.
6. Miami, Florida — Home of “fruit caviar” cocktails and the hottest local DJs, the Hotel Victor in South Beach brings the vibrancy of Miami nightlife right to its doorstep. With Friday night Ice Bar Chill-Outs and Saturday night Sunset Sessions, girlfriends can dance the night away. See more recommended hotels in Miami.
7. Asheville, North Carolina — The Biltmore Inn, located on the 8,000-acre Biltmore Estate, is the ultimate secluded escape. Surrounded by beautiful wooded scenery in the heart of the Great Smokey Mountains, women in need of rejuvenation will leave feeling refreshed and revitalized. We also recommend the Grand Bohemian Asheville, Autograph Collection.
8. New York City, New York — After exploring the Guggenheim Museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, art lovers staying at The Roosevelt Hotel take advantage of a special package that includes tickets to Broadway’s longest running musical, the Phantom of the Opera. See more hotels in New York City.
9. Stowe, Vermont — Women of all ages will fall in love with Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, which treats mind, body, and soul via Sound Therapy body tuning and the ancient art of Ayurvedic herbal oil treatments.
10. Savannah, Georgia – Experience the charm of Savannah’s southern hospitality with the River Street Inn’s Eat/Sleep Southern Package. Located alongside the country’s best antique shops, the Inn provides antique lovers direct access to hundred-year-old armoires and other old-world treasures. We also recommend the AVIA Savannah for your girlfriend getaway.
11. Los Angeles, California – Treat yourself like a Hollywood celebrity when you visit Los Angeles. You and your girlfriends can get decked out for an afternoon on Rodeo Drive, even if you’re only window shopping. Or blow your spending money at Dolce & Gabbana or Louis Vuitton, if you dare. Some items cost more than your hospital bill for labor and delivery. Just stroll down the famous street and act like you’ll be returning to your Malibu mansion as soon as your limo arrives. Only you and your gal pals need to know that in real life you clip coupons and your minivan is littered with crushed Cheerios.
12. Austin, Texas – The capital of Texas is also known as the live music capital of the world. This makes Austin a perfect spot for girlfriends who want to spend their weekend listening to everything from indie rock to jazz. Time your trip so you can attend the Austin City Limits Festival that puts you in front of 100+ live bands. It’s a three-day weekend with no songs involving itsy bitsy spiders or letters of the alphabet. Shopaholics in need of retail therapy appreciate this central location next to three upscale malls in this emerging shopping haven. A little further south, girlfriends discover Austin’s distinguished SoCo district, full of bohemian shops and hip boutiques. May we recommend the Hyatt Place Austin Arborteum and the W Austin for your girlfriend getaway.
13. Napa Valley, California – It’s no mystery what you’ll be doing if you and the girls head to Napa Valley, California. Girlfriends love wine country so much, many hotels and bed and breakfasts offer girlfriend getaway packages just for ladies looking to temporarily escape carpools, housework and toddler meltdowns. Your journey to mom serenity is even better with a trip to one of Napa Valley’s premier spas. Massages, mani/pedis, mud baths and more will rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit.
14. Great Smoky Mountains, Tennessee – Retreat to the woods for a girls’ weekend that’s rustic but features modern amenities, such as a gas fireplace and hot tub. Cabins in the Smoky Mountains let you and your girlfriends be at one with nature without having to pitch a tent and cook beans over a campfire. Ready to rejoin civilization? In a short drive, you can be back in the land of fast food joints and shopping malls.
15. Tucson, Arizona – If you’ve always wanted to experience the Wild West, but prefer a wine glass to a canteen, we’ve got the solution for you! Old West charm meets vibrant modern life in the breathtakingly beautiful city of Tucson. For authentic Southwestern experiences, Tucson (and surrounding Southern Arizona) fits the bill. Guest ranches, horseback rides, and cattle drives recall Old West roots, but you’ll also find yourself smack-dab in a hub of spas, resort hotels, and championship golf courses…not to mention amazing, trend-setting restaurants.