One&Only Nyungwe House
Nyungwe Forest, Rwanda
Resort Style & Type: Nature Resort
This Resort is Rated: 5-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: No
This Resort is Best For: Families, Groups, Couples
This Resort is All-Inclusive: No
Minimum Age at This Resort: N/A
Green-Certified Hotel: Yes
Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
One&Only Nyungwe House
One&Only Nyungwe House is set on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda’s mountainous South West. Part of a working tea plantation, its roots are well-established, yet its offerings are distinctly modern with every comfort you could ever need or desire.
We believe the adventure begins on the journey itself. That’s why our transfers are so much more than transfers. Our charismatic hosts welcome you personally at Kigali Airport, and take you on a breath-taking journey in a luxury SUV, equipped with every creature-comfort. Stopping at unmissable points of interest along the way, with refreshments and a beautifully prepared picnic, remarkable surprises await before you’ve even touched down at the resort.
Alongside ancient rainforest, within the lush green expanse of a working tea plantation, One&Only Nyungwe House offers an exclusive window to Africa’s fascinating wildlife and culture. Curating immersive tailored experiences, from gastronomic picnics to wild chimpanzee tracking and indigenous open-air spa treatments, awe-inspiring, once-in-a-lifetime moments are sure to amaze you at every turn.
Once in a Lifetime Moments
No one has walked in your shoes, nor dreamed your dreams, so we curate a completely bespoke itinerary to make your passions and interests come to life. With expert local guides and visiting international specialists, every discovery will be illuminated by a wealth of knowledge and fascinating first-hand stories.
- Delight in active adventures, such as mountain biking, kayaking, and trekking.
- Feel the thrill of wild up-close encounters, from rare primates and reptiles to butterflies and exotic birds.
- Enjoy heart-warming interactions with local people as you learn about unique ways of life and discover secrets of their crafts, cuisine and more.
- Socialize with like-minded worldly travelers in a myriad of stunning settings; around bonfires, guitars, and at daily aperitif gatherings.
- Soak up incredible tailored moments, designed especially for you, from private dining and private tours, to secluded wellness experiences and more.
Being at one with nature sits hand in hand with an ethos of personal wellness. Whether you wish to enhance your healthy lifestyle, or delve into a new world of spiritual and physical development, there’s no better place to practice wellness than here.
- Unwind with al fresco yoga, before inspiring vistas.
- Work up a sweat in a gymnasium carved from nature’s own landscape.
Indulge in holistic therapies, such as Rwandan-inspired spa treatments, offered in the warm open air.
From stunning sunrise breakfasts that prepare you for a day of discovery, to leisurely all day à la carte brunches served in bed or out among the wilderness, nutritious and indulgent options are always on the menu
Lunches are often served ‘on-the-go’, but our picnics are truly something to behold. With beautifully-set tables and fresh local ingredients expertly prepared and creatively presented, they’re just another reason to say ‘wow’ From tempting nibbles around the bonfire and sociable grand feasts amongst the flora, to private dinners in a treehouse or secluded oasis, you’ll never have the same experience twice, here or anywhere else on the planet.
Rooms & Suites
- 22 luxury rooms and suites situated in 6 stunning wooden villas.
- All designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of the forest.
- Open fireplaces in each and every room and suite.
- Private decks offer all guests extraordinary private spaces to watch the wildlife.
- Every creature comfort thoughtfully considered.
- Interiors and artwork is inspired by the natural beauty and traditions of Rwanda.
At One&Only Nyungwe House, the conservation of our stunning environment and local communities is of utmost importance. Along with our resort’s sustainable operating procedures, we encourage you to contribute, as much as you like, and in whatever ways you feel comfortable.
- Getting your hands dirty: working the land, building a fence, or tending to animals.
- An opportunity to give back: with every cherished gift we receive from the lands and community, to encourage local life to flourish, and leave our own lasting legacy.
- Invest in handmade: purchasing unique local products that fund charitable initiatives.