Safety and Destination Updates
Elite Travel Consulting prides itself on the extensive network of ground operations, tour leaders and local contacts worldwide, which keep us informed and up-to-date on all local situations in which we operate. Our passengers’ safety is of the utmost priority and we rely on these networks to allow us to make the operational decisions necessary to keep our trips running safely. We often know of situations on the ground before the media and we are in constant contact with our local offices, tour leaders, local operators, and colleagues in order to closely monitor and inform you of the most current information affecting any regions where we operate. Catch all the latest travel advisories…..
Travel and Safety
Every year more and more families, individuals, couples and groups are traveling internationally — for vacation, business, and volunteerism, and to visit friends and family. Whatever your reason for traveling, the information on this page will help you to be Proactive, Prepared, and Protected when it comes to your health—and the health of others—while you are traveling.
Take steps to anticipate any issues that could arise during your trip. The information in this section will help you plan for a safe and healthy trip.
- Learn about your destination.
- See a doctor before you travel.
- Think about your health status.
- Are you too sick to travel? (Recent illnesses, injuries, or surgeries)
- Do you have any special health needs? (Babies and small children, pregnant women, people with disabilities, people with weakened immune systems)
No one wants to think about getting sick or hurt during a trip, but sometimes these things happen. You may not be able to prevent every illness or injury, but you can plan ahead to be able to deal with them.
- Pack smart.
- Plan ahead for illnesses or injuries during your trip.
- Know what to do if you become sick or injured on your trip.
- Know and share important information about your trip.
It is important to practice healthy behaviors during your trip and after you return home. This section outlines how you can protect yourself and others from illness during your trip.
- Pay attention to your health during your trip.
- Use sunscreen and insect repellent as directed.
- Be careful about food and water.
- Try not to take risks with your health and safety.
- Limit alcohol intake, and do not drink alcohol and drive.
- Wear a seatbelt.
- Wear protective gear when doing adventure activities.
- Respect your host country and its people by following local laws and customs.
- Pay attention to your health when you come home.