Set on 600 acres in Canyon Point and built into the landscape, this all-suite luxury resort with views over the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument is 16.8 miles from Page Municipal Airport.
Amenities include a flotation therapy pavilion, a sauna, steam room, cold plunge and step pool, a fitness center and yoga pavilion. Airport transfers, yoga and guided hikes are all included. There’s also a communal living room, library, art gallery and a dining room, as well as a wine cellar. Chic, serene suites feature sitting areas, fireplaces and private courtyards, plus free Wi-Fi. Some add private pools and terraces with panoramic views.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
1 Kayenta Rd,
Canyon Point, UT 84741
Type of Spa: Contemporary Beach Resort
This Spa Resort is Rated: 5-Stars
This Spa Resort is Beachfront: Yes
This Resort is All-Inclusive: Yes
This Spa is Child/Family Friendly: N/A
This Spa is Green-Certified: Yes
Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
This Spa Resort is Best For: Best for lifestyle improvement, health enhancement, and self-renewal
- Backed by a lofty rock escarpment, which main pool curves around
- 2,322 square meter (25,000 square feet) Aman Spa
- Best for hiking, climbing, Navajo culture, wellness
Boasting one of the most dramatic landscapes in the USA, Utah’s Canyon Point is home to deep canyons, towering plateaus, world-class hiking, and of course – Amangiri.
Amangiri is located in the dramatic landscape of Canyon Point, Southern Utah. The resort is tucked into a valley near the Grand Staircase – Escalante National Monument; to say that it blends into the landscape is an understatement.
Arrive at the resort and descend towards the central Pavilion. Built around the main swimming pool, the Pavilion houses the Living Room, Gallery, Library, Dining Room, Private Dining Room, and Cellar.
Enter your suite via private courtyard and you’ll find a bedroom and living area. A soaring timber cabinet separates the two, and houses a TV and CD/DVD player. Glass doors open from the sitting area to a desert lounge with a central fireplace. The bathroom features twin rain showers and a soaking tub with uninterrupted views.
Amangiri guests can enjoy guided hikes, rock climbing, canyoneering, and biking. Their team of guides can teach guests basic skills, and provide an introduction to ecology, geology, history, and not falling on your behind.
Navigate mesas and slot canyons and walk through millions of years of history
Ochre in the morning light, apricot by midday, dazzling pink at dusk, the geology of the Grand Staircase-Escalante couldn’t be more dramatic. Residing in 600 acres of the Colorado Plateau, and requiring an Act of Congress to be passed so it could be built here, Amangiri blends into countless untouched square miles of red rock country. In the last remnant of the truly wild West, this ‘mountain of peace’ is cradled by the greatest concentration of national parks in the United States – a staggering landscape of canyons, mesas, mountains, gorges, rapids and desert, with traces of human life dating back more than 10,000 years. In this grand theater of nature, the modernist Suites of Amangiri and the tented Pavilions of nearby Camp Sarika offer an inspiring welcome to one of the world’s most dramatically secluded settings.
Extending over 25,000 square feet of the desert, Amangiri’s destination spa looks out over the sublime tranquility of American Canyon Country. Its menu is shaped by the healing traditions of the Navajo, with treatments designed to restore hózhó – the holistic wellness system encompassing beauty, balance, harmony and health.
- Five treatment rooms (including one double)
- Two outdoor treatment terraces
- Water pavilion with steam room, sauna, plunge pool and heated step pool
- Flotation pavilion with private relaxation area and finishing salon
- Extensive spa menu of massages and beauty treatments
- Natural Aman Skincare products
- Steam room and sauna
- Full range of cardiovascular and strength-training equipment
- Pilates and yoga studio
Amangiri’s extensive menu of massages, beauty treatments and restorative therapies is inspired by the holistic wellbeing traditions of the Navajo. The concept of hózhó captures the notion of being in tune with the self and in harmony with the world, and it is this state that the Aman Spa seeks to induce in Amangiri guests.
Yoga on the Rocks
Take a short hike to the top of a monolithic rock formation for a one-of-a-kind yoga experience high above the valley floor. Amangiri’s yoga specialist guides guests through a personalized movement session with heart-stirring 360º views of the Navajo National Park – magnificent at any time, but sublime at sunrise.
Experience the restorative power of submersion in the flotation pavilion, or visit the water pavilion for thermal therapies including a sauna, steam room and plunge pool. Adjoining the spa, a stone-lined step pool offers temperature-controlled water, cushioned seating, desert views, and an atmosphere conducive to mindful contemplation.
Used in Amangiri’s spa therapies, the Aman Skincare family of products and rituals is built on the knowledge and wisdom of ancient wellness traditions and the healing power of nature. Grouped into three unique formulations – Grounding, Purifying and Nourishing – the product range is now available for guests to take home.
With floor-to-ceiling windows welcoming in the desert vista, the main Dining Room transforms seasonal, local ingredients sourced from Native American co-ops into modern dishes inspired by the culinary culture of the Southwest.
The Dining Room
Looking out across the plains through floor-to-ceiling windows, Amangiri’s main restaurant centres on an open-plan kitchen and wood-fired oven. It offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, with especially breathtaking views at sunrise and sunset. Served indoors or on the pool terrace, the menus showcase local ingredients, taking inspiration from Native American cuisine, tempered with modern global influences. A four-course ‘Spirit of the Journey’ tasting menu with matched wines pays gastronomic tribute to the five tribes of the region.
The Fireside Pavilion
For both private events and everyday dining, this intimate, open-air pavilion is the ideal spot for dinner beneath the star-spangled desert sky. Next to the main swimming pool, beside a grand central fireplace, Amangiri’s chef serves food fresh from the open grill.
The Chinle Site
A short drive, hike or horseback ride from Amangiri, the Chinle Site provides a unique and atmospheric setting for private dining amid the natural serenity of the desert. Dinners at the site are often enriched by performances from Navajo musicians and storytellers.
1 Kayenta Road Canyon Point, Canyon Point United States
- Situated on 243 hectares (600 acres) in Canyon Point, Southern Utah
- 25-minute drive from the nearest town of Page, Arizona
- Easy and privileged access to National Parks and Lake Powell
Located in Southern Utah close to the Arizona boarder, Amangiri is a 25-minute drive from the nearest town of Page, Arizona and a 15-minute drive to the shores of Lake Powell. The resort is surrounded by the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Grand Staircase – Escalante, and Bryce and Zion National Parks.
Camp Sarika tented Pavilions – Opening in April 2020
Five minutes from Amangiri, surrounded by towers of desert rock, the tented Pavilions of Camp Sarika enable intimate encounters with the wonder of the wilderness, and no compromise on comfort.
Two-bedroom Grand View Pavilion
Private pool terrace and outdoor lounge with 270º sunset views from the front porch, and a spectacular desert panorama.
One-bedroom Sunset Pavilion
Desert-facing tented Pavilion with living/dining area, terrace and private plunge pool and breathtaking sunset views.
One-bedroom Mesa Pavilion
Private pool terrace, king-size bedroom, ample living space and stirring views over the eastern mesa.
Our Elite Travel Collection Includes the Following:
- Deluxe accommodation from our hand-picked collection
- A professional guide waiting to meet you upon arrival at your destination
- Private car transfers or limousine service
- Private guides when sightseeing
- Daily breakfast (Optional meal plans are available)
- Sightseeing as described in each itinerary are included
- Your personalized itinerary with listings of things to see and do, and our personal recommendations.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities
Kokoro Retreat, Utah – Nurture your mind, body and soul
Until 31 March 2020
Join leading wellness specialists Svet Bananov, Connie Beingessner and Fernando Camberos for a three or five-night retreat to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul. All sessions will be tailored to guests individual needs, following an initial consultation upon arrival.
The 3 night retreat includes:
- Three meals daily, excluding alcoholic beverages
- Two daily on property hikes
- One daily group fitness class
- One 30-minute consultations with movement instructors
- Two 30-minute meditation classes: crystal sound bath, floatation or Myofascial
- Two 60-minute movement classes: Pilates, personal training or yoga
- Two 90-minute massages (sports, deep tissue or Thai)
- One half day hike
The 5 night retreat includes additionally:
- One additional 30-minute meditation class
- One additional 60-minute movement class
- One additional 90-minute massage
- One Three Canyon Tour
Terms & Conditions for Kokoro Retreat
This retreat is valid for new bookings only, is subject to availability at time of booking, and is not combinable with any other exclusive. In the case of cancellation more than 30 days prior to arrival, the prepayment is refundable, not inclusive of the 3% processing fee. The remaining 50% will be charged 30 days prior to arrival at which time the full amount becomes non-refundable. Bookings made within 30 days of arrival require full payment upon booking, non-refundable. Accommodation upgrades are subject to availability and are not applicable to signature suites. This program is for adults only – 18 years and older. Extra person charges for non-retreat participants: $350 per person/per day 12 and older, $250 per person/per day under 12.
Romance in the Canyons
Romance in the Canyons
Enjoy memorable moments together against a dramatic and unique setting
3 January – 29 February 2020
Treat your loved one to a romantic stay at Amangiri and make the most of the spacious yet intimate setting of Utah’s ‘Peaceful Mountain’. This three-night stay is designed to offer the best of relaxation and romance, comprising unique outdoor experiences, spa treatments and private dining.
Your 3 night stay includes:
- Standard meal inclusions (breakfast, lunch and dinner for two guests per suite)
- One complimentary activity during the stay (Horseback riding on property, via ferrata or private half-day guided hike)
- One romantic dinner in the privacy of your suite
- 60-minute couples massage followed by a 30-minute crystal sound bath
- $250 resort credit applicable towards spa or activities
- One-category room upgrade subject to availability upon arrival
Terms & Conditions
This offer is valid for new bookings only, is subject to availability, and is not combinable with consortia amenities or any other exclusives. Aman reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time with 48 hours’ notice. Bookings must be on a sell and report basis. Cancellations and payments as per hotel standard terms. Rate is for double occupancy. Extra Person Supplement to cover bedding and meals are additional. Third person fee for activity and spa is additional.