An oasis of sheltered seclusion 160 nautical miles northeast of Singapore in Indonesia’s Anambas Archipelago, Bawah Reserve is a tropical retreat comprised of six islands, three lagoons, 13 beaches and 35 stand-alone suites.
It is the only resort in Asia to include all spa treatments, guest experiences and transport via an amphibious seaplane. Without a care in the world, Bawah guests are invited to be as active or as tranquil as they wish, paddling around the reserve to explore all the islands by kayak or stand-up paddleboarding, sinking into indulgent open-air spa treatments, dining by candlelight with toes in the sand and champagne in hand and drifting off to slumber to the peaceful sounds of the lagoon and jungle.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Anambas Archipelago, Indonesia
Resort Style & Type: Safari Camp
This Resort is Rated: 4-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: Yes
This Resort is Best For: Groups, Single adults & Couples
This Resort is All-Inclusive: Yes
This Resort is Family Friendly: Yes
This Resort is for Adults-only: Yes
This Resort is Green-Certified: Yes
This Resort Offers a Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
Promising unparalleled privacy and exclusively, Bawah Reserve’s 35 luxury suites – the chic bamboo tented beach and deluxe suites are just steps from the beach, while the garden suites are tucked neatly behind the beach suites, offering a serene jungle experience. Overwater bungalows perch above the turquoise waters of the lagoon. Suites feature tropical outdoor shower and minibar/pantries, classic canopy beds, copper bathtubs, 300-thread-count linens and easy access to the beach.
Bawah Reserve prides itself on being Asia’s only retreat to include all spa treatments, experiences and transport. Guests can expect to enjoy all meals and soft drinks; unlimited treatments, massages and yoga classes at the spa; nonmotorized water activities; unpacking service; laundry service; Wi-Fi; snorkeling equipment; and more. The resort features an infinity swimming pool, two restaurants and two bars, private destination dining options, 13 private beaches, a wine cellar, tennis court, library and more.
Come face to face with giant bump head parrot fish, angle fish, butterfly fish and long-nosed trumpet fish – a seasoned snorkeling guide will lead you along the resort’s own snorkeling trail. A collection of wooden stand-up paddleboards is available, the perfect way for seasoned SUPers and rookies alike to feel like they’re walking on the lagoon waters. Grab a kayak and paddle off to Sanggah Island, where you might glimpse a turtle nesting site (the resort can arrange for a private island picnic). Cruise with new friends on a Nacro 5.0 catamaran. Beyond all this, guests can enjoy hiking to a 500-year-old Keruing tree, movie nights under the stars, cooking classes, open-air spa treatments, cruising around the archipelago and swimming in the beachside infinity pool.
All meals are served at Treetops, perched under a jungle canopy and open to the rain forest that surrounds it. “The Lookout” may be reserved for private dining experiences by lantern light with gourmet meals and wine served a deux. The social hub of the resort is The Grouper bar, serving everything from champagne and fine wines to 18-year-old highland malts. Jules Verne is a choice spot for wildlife viewing, sunset cocktail in hand, watching the fruit bats display their aerobatics. And finally, The Boat House – a casual, carefree toes-in-the-sand spot for a cold brew on a balmy afternoon or a lunchtime barbecue with a bohemian vibe.
Bawah Reserve is located in Indonesia’s Anambas archipelago, 160 nautical miles northeast of Singapore. Guests fly to Singapore’s Changi Airport, where they can either be collected from the airport, their hotel or home at 7 am in the morning to be escorted by ferry to Batam. From Batam International Airport, it is a private, 80-minute seaplane flight to the resort.
Most Escorted and Guided Tours Include the Following:
- Entrance fees as listed in the itinerary
- Meals as specified in your itinerary
- Hotels: Hotel based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds or a king size bed; all hotels as listed in the above itinerary
- Transportation: Flights or train as listed in the itinerary. Flights: airport tax and fuel fee included, economy class, 1 checked baggage per ticket, no checked baggage weight to infant ticket
- Sightseeing: As outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide; Service of a local guide and van is for a maximum of 8 hours during the full day individual tour packages
- Private Transfers between airports, hotels and attractions while sightseeing in each city or area by private air-conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide as listed in the itinerary
- Service Charge (the planning, handling, operational and communication charges) & Government Taxes
H. Luggage Transfers between airports, trains and hotels
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities