COMO Uma Parofrom
COMO Uma Paro, is an intimate, 29-room resort featuring the most exclusive private villas in Bhutan with an enviable location in the Paro Valley. This puts you within striking distance of the country’s great cultural landmarks. The style combines local artisanship with COMO’s contemporary style, while activities range from yoga to Himalayan camping adventures. Their Bukhari restaurant is a royal favorite.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
COMO Uma Paro
Paro Valley, PO Box 222 Paro, Bhutan
Resort Style & Type: Boutique Eco Resort
This Resort is Rated: 4-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: No
This Resort is Best For: Groups, Single adults & Couples
This Resort is All-Inclusive: No
This Resort is Family Friendly: No
This Resort is for Adults-only: N/A
This Resort is Green-Certified: Yes
This Resort Offers a Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
The nine private villas and 20 luxury rooms combine the colorful accents of traditional Bhutanese craftsmanship with the clean-lined contemporary design for which COMO Hotels and Resorts are known. The result is a luxury resort with a fresh, original look that feels sleek even as it recognizes COMO Uma Paro’s cultural context.
At COMO Uma Paro, much of Their produce comes from Their own organic kitchen garden, which we maintain in partnership with local farmers from the Paro Valley, affording us a bounty of fresh and vital ingredients. Their international dishes, too, are well regarded—Bhutan’s royal family regularly make this their Paro restaurant of choice—along with specialties from neighboring India.
At Bukhari, dining in Paro means enjoying seasonally driven, nourishing meals that rely heavily on local organic produce.
Serving all-day dining menu that incorporates healthful COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Uma Bar is a welcoming space for lunch or supper and can be booked out for a private gathering.
Wellness by Como Shambhala
COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Uma Paro has a full range of holistic, Asian-inspired treatments, both for guests and those staying elsewhere in the Paro Valley. We have two private Bhutanese hot-stone bathhouses, as well as a large indoor pool with an al fresco sundeck facing the mountains across the valley. There are separate steam rooms for men and women, and a state-of-the-art gym.
Their yoga studio has floor-to-ceiling views of Paro, flooding the room with natural daylight, where complimentary yoga classes are held daily by Their naturopathic doctor. Their nine villas, tucked back into the forest, have their own private therapy suite offering total tranquility and seclusion.
COMO Shambhala offers a variety of classes and activities daily, including yoga, Pilates and fitness sessions. In-house guests are welcome to join any of these classes. Their internationally accredited teachers are also available upon request for personal training and private sessions. Please refer to the COMO Shambhala Schedule of Activities or approach Their wellness reception team to make your reservation.
COMO Uma Paro is an intimate, rural hotel in Bhutan, a landlocked Himalayan Kingdom where religion and nature have come together in a compelling Buddhist culture. This has given rise to names for Bhutan such as ‘hidden treasure’ or ‘the last Shangri-La’. A stay at COMO Uma Paro is about discovering the essence of Bhutan—its culture, religion and landscape. Designed to give unparalleled access to the country while simplifying logistics, we offer guides and guided adventures to allow guests to explore Bhutan by foot, bike, helicopter or 4WD.
Our Elite Travel Collection Includes the Following:
- Deluxe accommodation from our hand-picked collection
- Travelers on tailor-made journeys benefit from our full support on the ground
- A professional guide waiting to meet you upon arrival at your destination
- Private car transfers or limousine service
- Hotel check-in assistance
- Private guides when sightseeing
- Depending on itinerary, all tips are included for drivers and guides so no need to wonder how much to give at the end of your holiday
- International and local flights by scheduled airline or private jet
- Daily breakfast (Optional meal plans are available)
- Sightseeing as described in each itinerary are included
- Your personalized itinerary with listings of things to see and do, and our personal recommendations.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities
Himalayan Wellness Discovery
Como Uma Paro’s six-night wellness itinerary immerses guests in the full COMO Shambhala Experience. Yoga and meditation practice is led by Their resident expert. We also offer daily massage therapy, including deep tissue, hot stone, and Their signature COMO Shambhala Massage.
In addition, Their program makes the most of the adventure resort’s location in the heart of the Paro Valley. English-speaking guides will take guests on fascinating, active excursions to learn about the kingdom’s culture. Monasteries – including the gravity-defying Tiger’s Nest Monastery – as well as ancient fortresses and temples are some of the landmarks to visit, with hikes calibrated to challenge guests per their fitness levels.
Rates start from US$9,026 per stay based on two guests in a Forest View Room.
Experience Bhutan and Bangkok in COMO Style
Experience Bhutan and Bangkok in COMO Style
Book an adventure itinerary at COMO Uma Bhutan for seven nights or more and receive a complimentary two-night stay at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok. Their Bhutanese adventure itineraries offer treks and activities which take you deeper into the landscape, culture and people of this magical mountainous kingdom.
Many flight routes to Bhutan transit through Bangkok, making a stay at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, Their stylish city hotel with award-winning Thai cuisine, the ideal place to ease the journey while experiencing a new country. You can also claim a complimentary night at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok when you book any COMO Uma Bhutan package of stays of five nights or more.
Terms and Conditions
Their complimentary nights at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok must be taken directly before or after your stay in Bhutan and only as part of ’Experience Bhutan and Bangkok in COMO Style’ Reservations for COMO Metropolitan Bangkok must be made with COMO Uma Bhutan and are subject to availability.
This promotion is valid from now to February 29th 2020, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions