COMO Uma Punakhafrom
COMO Uma Punakha, Their second hotel in Bhutan, is an intimate, luxury lodge located at the far western end of the lush Punakha Valley. COMO Uma Punakha, Their second hotel in Bhutan, is an intimate, luxury lodge located at the far western end of the lush Punakha Valley. From Their picturesque base overlooking a snake-like bend in the Mo Chu river, Uma Punakha is ideally located for those who wish to explore this remote Himalayan Kingdom. Providing luxury accommodation in this less-visited area of Bhutan, a five-hour drive from Paro, COMO Uma Punakha offers guests exceptional access to some of Bhutan’s most celebrated landscapes and historic sites. Combine your stay with the COMO Uma Paro.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
COMO Uma Punakha
Botokha Kabesa Punakha,
Resort Style & Type: Boutique Eco Resort
This Resort is Rated: 4-Stars
This Resort is Beachfront: No
This Resort is Best For: Groups, Single adults & Couples
This Resort is All-Inclusive: No
This Resort is Family Friendly: No
This Resort is for Adults-only: N/A
This Resort is Green-Certified: Yes
This Resort Offers a Spa & Wellness Program: Yes
Those seeking more than just luxury accommodation in Bhutan will not be disappointed by COMO Uma Punakha. The property is part of the landscape, nestled on a hillside at a bend in the Mo Chu river. This means every room commands sweeping views of the Punakha Valley and the Mo Chu as it winds its way through the rice fields and orchards.
Much of Their produce comes from local farmers-Punakha is considered one of the most bountiful valleys in Bhutan-which means we benefit from fresh vegetable, fruit and dairy products every day. All of this is used in traditional dishes as well as Their international menus.
Bukhari is Their Punakha restaurant at the heart of COMO Uma Punakha – named after the traditional Bhutanese fireplace. Lunch dishes feature international comfort foods such as pasta and salads, while dinner is a gastronomic treat. Menus are based on seasonal, local produce sourced by chef Tshering Lhaden, who delivers both Bhutanese and international dishes with strong flavors and finesse.
When it comes to private dining in Bhutan, we can orchestrate gourmet meals in a number of unique locations at COMO Uma Punakha. Be it a romantic supper on your villa’s terrace or an adventurous picnic on the banks of the Mo Chu river, Their expert staff can help you stage a memorable occasion.
At Their luxury hotel in Punakha, In-Room Dining menus—available until 10pm daily—include Himalayan dumplings (‘momos’) alongside healthy salads and familiar western-style comfort options like wraps and pasta dishes.
Wellness by COMO Shambhala
To practice yoga and meditation in Bhutan is an experience that truly belongs to these sacred mountains. COMO Shambhala Retreat in the Punakha Valley complements this perfectly, overlooking the twisting Mo Chhu river which slices through the green landscape.
Their range of holistic, Asian-inspired treatments includes signature massages, facials and body therapies, as well as the country’s famous hot-stone bath. Treatments are also available to those staying elsewhere in the Punakha Valley, who wish to make use of Their wellness center.
COMO Uma Punakha is located a five-hour drive from COMO Uma Paro in another of Bhutan’s great valleys. Steeped in the traditions that surround the property, it is the ideal location—among pine-clad valleys, lush vegetation, rushing rivers and snow-capped mountains—for those to whom the joy of discovery is reason enough for a journey.
Our Elite Travel Collection Includes the Following:
- Deluxe accommodation from our hand-picked collection
- Travelers on tailor-made journeys benefit from our full support on the ground
- A professional guide waiting to meet you upon arrival at your destination
- Private car transfers or limousine service
- Hotel check-in assistance
- Private guides when sightseeing
- Depending on itinerary, all tips are included for drivers and guides so no need to wonder how much to give at the end of your holiday
- International and local flights by scheduled airline or private jet
- Daily breakfast (Optional meal plans are available)
- Sightseeing as described in each itinerary are included
- Your personalized itinerary with listings of things to see and do, and our personal recommendations.
What’s Not Included:
- Flight not listed in your itinerary
- Accommodation not as listed in the itinerary
- Visa Fees: Please make sure that you have got your valid passport and visa before your entry. We can send you a free official invitation letter to assist you in obtaining your visa after the reservation deposit is received
- Sightseeing not listed in the itinerary
- Meals not listed in the itinerary
- Personal expenses such as room service, internet charge, laundry, drink, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc.
- Gratuities, tips to guides, drivers, bellboys, etc.
- Airline baggage fees
- Travel Protection Plan – Please kindly note that the full coverage travel protection from your country of origin should be purchased in advance on your own
- Optional activities
Two Kingdoms One Journey
Two Kingdoms One Journey ( 12 Nights )
- COMO METROPOLITAN BANGKOK, ONE NIGHT
- COMO UMA PARO, BHUTAN, THREE NIGHTS
- COMO UMA PUNAKHA, BHUTAN, TWO NIGHTS
- COMO POINT YAMU, PHUKET, FOUR NIGHTS
- COMO METROPOLITAN BANGKOK, TWO NIGHTSThis 12-night itinerary begins in Thailand with a night at the COMO Metropolitan Bangkok. Then it’s on to Bhutan, where over the next five nights, we visit both Their Himalayan lodges: COMO Uma Paro and COMO Uma Punakha. We then return to Thailand and spend four nights at COMO Point Yamu, Their new island retreat on Phuket’s east coast. There is time to relax at the resort and explore the wonders of Phang Nga Bay. For Their final stop, we return to Bangkok for two nights at the Metropolitan to uncover the iconic sights, shopping and cuisine of this 24- hour city.
Price: $11,476.00 for two guests