“Crystal Cruises, which began service in 1990, operates two luxury ships – Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity – with a total of 1,992 berths Crystal Cruises is owned by Genting Hong Kong (GHK), a global hospitality, leisure and entertainment powerhouse. Crystal Cruises offers worldwide cruise itineraries to Europe, Asia, Australia, the South Pacific, South America, Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal/Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Africa, and New England/Canada. Crystal Cruises’ corporate headquarters is located in Los Angeles, California with a branch office in Miami, Florida. District sales offices are located throughout the world.”
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Cruise Vacation Type: Independent Vacations & Guided Tours
This Cruise Line is Rated: 4-Stars
This Cruise Line is Worldwide: Yes
This Cruise Line is Best For: Groups, Single adults & Couples
This Cruise Line is All-Inclusive: No
This is an Adults-only Cruise Line: No
Minimum Age for This Cruise Line: N/A
Green-Certified Cruise Line: Yes
Spa & Wellness Program On Board: No
People are the cornerstone of our commitment to quality, and Crystal Cruises takes enormous pride in its crew and staff. Our Norwegian Captains and their staff of officers are among the finest at sea. Each member of the staff goes through Crystal Cruises’ rigorous selection and training process, ensuring that they are uniquely qualified to serve you. With our people, as with everything else we do, compromise has no place: they are simply the best in the world.
What Make’s Crystal so Special?
- All-inclusive fine wines and premium spirits throughout the ship, plus pre-paid gratuities for housekeeping, bar, and dining staff.
- Crystal ships have consistently earned top awards.
- Crystal Cruises’ affluent, multi-generational guests appreciate the renowned Crystal Experience distinguished by classic service, abundant space, fine quality, and extensive choices.
- Approximately 70 percent are from the United States and Canada and 30 percent are international, sophisticated travelers.
- More than half the ship’s accommodations feature private verandas (85% on Crystal Serenity).
- Crystal’s hotel and dining staff are schooled in the fine art of European service.
- Crystal offers excellent value, competitive rates and group booking discounts.
- Crystal’s innovative Creative Learning Institute offers complimentary enrichment classes with well-known associations such as Magic Castle, USC’s School of Cinematic Arts, Berlitz and Yamaha.
- Cuisine by renowned chefs Nobu Matsuhisa and Piero Selvaggio.
There are cruise vacations to suit every budget, from the cost-conscious to the most luxurious. Even more important, a cruise offers the best travel value for your money, because almost everything is included in the upfront price.
Most Cruise Packages include:
- Destinations you’ll visit
- Dining – Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Nightly Entertainment
- Daily Activities
- Onboard Service
- Special Programs
What’s Not Included In The Upfront Price?
Below is a description of the things that are not included in the upfront cost of the cruise:
The cost of airfare is not included in the upfront price of the cruise, but is almost always available for an additional charge. We’ll ask you where you are flying from and quote you the cruise line’s price or the best available price.
Alcoholic Beverages & Some Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Alcoholic beverages are not included in your cruise price, and since soft drinks come over the bar there is charge for them as well. Specialty coffees are also almost always additional. However, Some of our luxury cruises lines may include this feature.
Your personal service staff works hard for you while you’re enjoying your cruise, so please tip them before you disembark. Most cruise lines make it easy for you by automatically adding gratuities to your shipboard account, which is usually about $10 to 12 per person, per day. This amount covers your cabin steward and the waiters and assistants who have served you all over the ship.
Some Dining Options
Alternative dining options are all the rage onboard contemporary ships these days and the cruise lines have a couple of different ways of charging you extra for them. For all restaurants other than the main dining room you should expect to find that reservations are required. There is a fee for that reservation that usually runs from $10-$40 per person and the gratuity for the meal may be additional.
Shore excursions are a very important part of your experience in each port of call, especially if you’ve decided to take the adventure route.
Your ‘welcome aboard’ photo is your first encounter with the ubiquitous ship photographers. They’ll be on hand to capture all the fun and excitement, and then sell it back to you for $20 for each 5 x 7.
Spa Treatments & Salon Services
Arrangements with onboard spas and salons has become one of the hottest new things with the cruise lines in the past few years as passengers are focusing more and more on their well-being.